1. From Tadasana (Mountain pose). Reach your arms up over head and fold your arms to reach for the floor.
2. Step back and drop your knees to the floor so your shoulders are on top of the palms and hips on top of the knees.
3. Press your toes into the mat and lift your sit bones making an upside down “v” with your body.
4. Push the mat away with your hands, spread your fingers and reach your heels to the floor (they do not have to touch the floor).
5. Bend your knees if you feel tight and simply take 3 full breaths in downward facing dog.
6. Connect this pose to another or simply rest in childs pose.
Calms the brain and helps relieve stress and mild depression
Energizes the body
Stretches the shoulders, hamstrings, calves, arches, and hands
Strengthens the arms and legs
Relieves menstrual discomfort when done with head supported
Helps prevent osteoporosis
Relieves headache, insomnia, back pain, and fatigue
Therapeutic for high blood pressure, asthma, flat feet, sciatica, sinusitis
-Benefits from Yoga Journal