Derived from the branches of the tall evergreen tree, Cypress essential oil has a fresh, clean aroma that’s energizing and refreshing. Cypress is frequently used in spas and by massage therapists. Cypress contains monoterpenes, making it beneficial for oily skin conditions. It has a grounding, yet stimulating effect on the emotions, making it a popular oil to diffuse during times of transition or loss.
- Promotes vitality and energy
- Helps improve the appearance of oily skin
- Commonly diffused with citrus oils for an uplifting aroma
Our Favorite Uses
- Prior to a long run, apply to feet and legs for an energizing boost.
- Apply two to three drops to chest before gardening to promote vitality and energy.
- Diffuse with Lime essential oil for an invigorating scent.
- Mix together Cypress and Grapefruit essential oil with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil for an invigorating massage.
- Add one to two drops to toner to help improve the appearance of oily skin.
Ideal Yoga Poses with Cypress
- Camel Pose
- Wild Thing
- Cobblers Pose
At the Storm, we diffuse oils in the studio, hand out drops to students in class and even add to our healing blends in the juice bar. To learn how you can incorporate essential oils in your practice, you can come to one of our monthly classes at the storm or learn about DoTERRA essential oils or shop our site for wholesale pricing.